73 Vogue-Style Questions
Hello all! I've watched a few of Vogue's '73 Questions' videos on YouTube and I've seen a few bloggers take part in this, so I thought I'd do my own version of so that you can get to know me a bit better.
I always think it's good to get to know the 'person' behind the blog, so enjoy!
73 Vogue Style Questions
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I normally order herbal tea or hot chocolate from Costa.
2. All-time favourite food?
Nandos! There's nothing better than a cheeky Nandos.
3. What do you think of open relationships?
'To each his own' but it's not something I'd ever get involved in.
4. What's your guilty pleasure?
Watching the Real Housewives. The Real Housewives of Potomac is my favourite franchise.
5. Your favourite movie?
Ritchie Rich, starring Macaulay Culkin.
6. Favourite book?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
7. Best advice you’ve ever received?
A good friend of mine once gave me this piece of advice: "People love to talk and tell you what they think you should or shouldn't do. But they are not you."
At the end of the day, no-one has to live in your shoes but you, so don't pay any attention to people who think it's okay to dictate how they think you should or shouldn't live your life when they should actually spend some time minding their own business.
8. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter for the blog, Instagram for personal use.
9. Are you a desktop or a laptop person?
10. What projects are you working on right now?
Quite a few. I’m focusing on building up this blog with amazing content, learning to play the keyboard, learning to drive and finishing off my copywriting diploma.
11. What’s your favourite colour?
12. Dream job?
I'd love to be a full-time beauty blogger and writer.
13. Do you play any sports?
Nope, though I’d love to play rounders again.
14. Do you have a degree?
Yes. I have a BA (Hons.) in Politics and Sociology.
15. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Ambitious, conscientious and tenacious.
16. What’s on the top of your beauty wish list right now?
I'd love to get my hands on Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara.
17. How many tattoos do you have?
I have no tattoos on my skin - and I plan to keep it that way.
18. What are you most grateful for this year?
I really appreciate the people who have stood by me and have believed in me when others have tried to tear me down, disrespect me and undermine me in my career. I’m grateful to those in my current job who have appreciated me, valued my work and made me feel welcome. And it's nice to have friends in my life who understand my perspective instead of dismissing my feelings, see my potential, uplift me and remind me that I'm good enough. (You know who you are!)
19. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Lately, I’ve been getting into learning how to play the keyboard again.
20. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I slept in today! (It’s the weekend.)
21. Favourite season?
22. Do you like surprises?
Not really. It depends.
23. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
24. Do you like muffins?
Yes - blueberry muffins.
25. Do you cook often?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
26. What’s your favourite dessert?
Apple crumble (from M&S) with Madagascan vanilla custard (also from M&S.)
27. What’s your least favourite food?
28. What’s your favourite condiment?
Heinz tomato ketchup.
29. It’s 4AM on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
I don't eat at night. I’m too busy sleeping.
30. What are three things that are always in your bag?
My phone, my keys and a pack of pocket tissues.
31. Kittens or puppies?
32. Tell me your favourite sushi roll?
I don't eat sushi.
33. What kind of lipstick do you use?
I always go for a bold matte liquid lipstick, like NYX Cosmetics' Soft Matte Lip Cream.
34. What kind of foundation do you use?
I use Glossier's Stretch Concealer.
35. Blow dry or air dry?
Air dry. I don't like to use heat on my hair.
36. Who is your fashion icon?
Michelle Obama, Meghan Markle and Naomi Campbell.
37. Scary films or happy endings?
Happy endings, always.
38. What’s your favourite animal?
I like cats.
39. What country would you like to visit next?
Spain (and Portugal.)
40. What couldn’t you live without?
Happiness and peace.
41. What is one talent you wish you had?
I wish I could sing, and I wish I could draw. If I could draw I would have established a successful career as a graphic designer.
42. Do you think you’re strong?
43. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
Kindness is my strongest trait.
44. What is the best place you’ve visited?
York. It's such a beautiful place that's steeped in history.
45. Where would you like to visit the most?
I'd love to do a tour of the Caribbean and Latin America.
46. Optimistic or pessimistic?
I'm a realist.
47. What is the definition of misery?
Feeling extreme unhappiness and as though you're stuck in a rut.
48. First pet?
I've never had a pet.
49. Top 3 things on your bucket list?
1. To book a holiday.
2. To pass my driving test.
3. To make money from my blog.
50. Heels or flats?
Flats all damn day.
51. How do you have your coffee?
I don't drink coffee.
52. What is your favourite hobby?
I have four: blogging, reading, watching YouTube videos and listening to music and podcasts.
53. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can roll my tongue.
54. What do you consider unforgivable?
Spitefulness. I no longer make allowances for horrible people - I just cut them off.
55. Proudest moment?
Graduating from university three years ago.
56. Favourite alcoholic drink?
I no longer drink alcohol.
57. Do you like flying?
58. First ever mobile phone?
59. What’s your favourite sound?
Birds chirping on a sunny morning.
60. What’s your least favourite sound?
Nails on a chalkboard.
61. How do you unwind?
By lying in bed and listening to music and podcasts.
62. Favourite board game?
Scrabble. I'm pretty good at it.
63. Would you bungee jump?
64. Favourite TV show that’s on at the moment?
Gogglebox on Channel 4.
65. What are you most grateful for this year?
Receiving opportunities that I know will enhance my career as a content writer.
66. What annoys you?
67. What's a book you plan on reading?
I have a few I plan on reading:
Zero Waste Home: The Ultimate Guide To Simplifying Your Life by Bea Johnson.
Good Vibes, Good Life by Vex King.
You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero.
Everyday Ubuntu by Mungi Ngomane.
The Power Of Nunchi by Euny Hong.
68. Biggest learning experience?
I had a horrible experience last year with a life coach, and things got so bad that I had to quit and cut her off. Even though that experience left me feeling worse off, I did learn some lessons - such as cutting off people who think it's okay to dictate your life or bully you into making decisions that aren't right for you. Also, over the years, I've had to cut ties with certain friends and distance myself from certain individuals and I'm glad I made those choices, because I've learned that when you get rid of bad friends and toxic people, you preserve your energy, protect your peace, and make enough space in your life for good friendships to prosper.
And another thing I've learned in my life: no matter how hard you try, you'll never be good enough for some people. But as long as you believe you're good enough, you'll be alright. Believe in yourself. Self-believe comes from within, not from others or external things.
69. Bath or shower?
70. Your motto to live by?
Live and let live, and protect your peace.
71. Favourite music genre?
Jazz, soul and funk.
73. How difficult was it to answer these questions?
Not difficult at all - easy peasy!